Do you cringe every time the telephone rings? Are you constantly checking your caller ID for collection agencies? Do you hate going to the mailbox? If you wish you could start over again and get a fresh start, be assured you can. Contact the Law Office of Carmen G. Soto, PA, a Fort Lauderdale Bankruptcy Lawyer practicing in Broward County.
We will assist you in filing for bankruptcy that will mean that legally those harassing collection efforts must cease. Collectors are well aware that they are to cease all efforts of collection once you have filed, even though that does not mean they will do so. Violating what is called the "automatic stay" has serious consequences that collection agencies do not want to experience. Bankruptcy laws as well as the Florida Collection Practices Act have strict rules that they must adhere to. Contact the Law Office of Carmen G. Soto, PA, a Fort Lauderdale Bankruptcy Lawyer practicing in Broward County.
In the past many filers took advantage of the relaxed rules for Chapter 7 Bankruptcies which prompted the Court to make qualifying for a Chapter 7 much more difficult. Now, in order for a filer to qualify for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, they must take what's called a "means test." The "means test" compares your income with that of the rest of the state and determines whether or not you fit within the average range. If your income is too high you may be required to restructure your debt and formulate a repayment plan within a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
The Bankruptcy Law Office of Carmen G. Soto, P.A. handles bankruptcy cases in Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Sunrise, Oakland Park, Tamarac, Hollywood, Hallandale, Margate, Weston, Wilton Manors, Hialeah, Coral Gables, and all of South Florida.
Are you finding it to be a daily struggle to pay your consumer debt bills? Simply do not make enough income to pay everything? Tired of endless harassing from creditors? Filing for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy may be your best option for a fresh financial start and peace of mind with the help of Carmen G. Soto’s legal expertise in bankruptcy.
Let’s start with what you are probably wondering:What Exactly is a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and Why Should I File?
- A way to eliminate or significantly reduce your secured and unsecured consumer debt through liquidation
- The debt that will be liquidated must be consumer debt
- This liquidation allows the creditor to take non-exempt property from debtor. Under the Florida Constitution property that cannot be taken from you, the debtor, is considered exempt property
- Filing for bankruptcy can end harassing phone calls from creditors
- May stop pending judgments, garnishments, foreclosure, repossession and other legal actions against you during the bankruptcy
- Includes: Unsecured debt from credit cards; medical bills, and others
- Does not include: Student loans, alimony and child support debt
- Examples of “exempt property”: Property protected by Florida law, that debtor can keep during bankruptcy
- Money in the bank from: Wages, and certain government benefits (ex. social security)
- $1000 for any equity from a vehicle
- $1000 worth of personal property
- As well as various others, simply call The Law Offices of Carmen G. Soto, PA for a more in-depth explanation
- You must meet a Means Test which considers factors such as your accumulated consumer debt and your income.
- A quick call to The Law Offices of Carmen G. Soto, PA will answer this question during a FREE consultation.
Many people fear that they will not be able to buy a home after filing bankruptcy. Yet, the reality is that the debtor is probably not able to do so while trying to balance overwhelming debt. Filing for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy will allow the debtor to liquidate their debt, in order to start fresh allowing the ability save money in order to purchase a home.
Fear that if a debtor files now, they will never be able to file for bankruptcy ever again. Although there are some limitations on filing again, it is a possibility. These possibilities are on a case by case basis and can be discussed with Carmen G. Soto, Esq. during your FREE consultation.
- Immediately contact The Law Offices of Carmen G. Soto, PA in order to set up you FREE consultation to discuss your financial situation and qualification for filing bankruptcy.
- Prepare to put your financial worries behind you and have a chance to start fresh without the burden of all your debt!
For more information and to schedule your FREE consultation regarding bankruptcy with Carmen G. Soto, Esq. please call our offices at (954) 523-0703, at any time. You can also reach our offices through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you with this life changing decision to file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and have a start fresh!